Article 4.3 of the said Order stipulates that the conditions to be met by subsidy applications are as follows:
- The non-existence of telecommunications infrastructures permitting a broadband Internet access service.
These may be villages or areas where the population is scattered, which are either totally or partially outside of the area covered by the “KZ@Banda Zabala” project, or villages which, although not targeted by the project to date, have confirmed that they are not provided this service by private initiative.
- There must be a minimum of 5 requests for the service.
- Applications for inclusion in the project must come from the town or village council/s of the affected municipalities in representation of the applicant end-users.
- The town or village council must accredit the availability of a precise location for installation of the broadband connection access point. This location must house the technical network termination equipment corresponding to the point-multipoint collective solution.
- The beneficiary is obliged to leave the network open in order to permit the future potential inclusion of new users to the wireless point-multipoint installed, provided that they are located within the area of cover in question and that they meet the conditions for initial users.
The wireless network installation will be the responsibility of the town or village council requesting the service, as will running and maintaining the network.